Power list after power list fail to represent women as influential in social media and in society at large. Why is it that women are not considered influential on social media and particularly on Twitter? To understand why, we we must answer a few basic questions: What does influence mean? How is it measured? And [...]
Sign up for email updates
CONTRIBUTOR TO THE GUARDIAN AFRICA NETWORK AND MEMBER OF GUARDIAN SELECT
There were no matriarchies in precolonial Africa The unusual relationship between religion and modernity in Africa Can women have it all? On marriage, motherhood and work The multiple jeopardy of being an African woman The African Women’s Decade, two years on African witchcraft and western psychology Seven things about gorillas and Africa
- What makes a clitoris dangerous?
- A brief history of African feminism
- Why African women should blog
- For people that have been raped
- Can Africans have multiple subcultures? A response to "Exorcising Afropolitanism"
- Guest post: I love African men too, but do they love me back?
- Guest blog: My mother and the marriage question
Africa african diaspora African feminism African women African Women's Decade Afrocentric Afro hair Afropolitan art beauty ideals black hair black models Blogs celebrities entrepreneurs fashion feminism fiction gender Ghana happiness identity Islam lesbian Life literature masculinity MDGs mixed race MsAfropolitan Boutique Music Nigeria nudity Patience politics race Religion sex Spirituality stereotypes style icons women women's issues writing Young Women