1. MsAfropolitan was featured on some great websites. There was an interview for the Twenty Ten Club Blog, which is a club that connects, inspires and supports Black female business owners. MsAfropolitan was also featured as one of the ‘Women of Webster’, Webster Magazine being a men’s lifestyle magazine doing some admirable work on redefining the urban male. I was also very proud to be reposted on Peace X Peace, a wonderful organisation raising women’s voices and building cultures of peace. The same post also made it to The 2012 Scenario.
2. Fashion Diversity partnered up with London Fashion Week. One of the main event partners was UNTOLD, whose mission is to tell those creative stories that remain otherwise untold. What are those stories? Here you go. Don’t miss this link, especially if you love independent labels. Very inspired by what these guys are doing.
At the launch gala most of what I saw was beautiful, but I particularly fell for the Chichia London collection.
4. I found out that I’m going back to uni! I received an offer letter to my application for an MA in Gender Studies at SOAS. To those who don’t know SOAS, it is the School of African and Oriental studies here in London. I’ll be majoring in African Women’s issues, naturally, and I am very excited, even though I don’t really know how it’s all going to fit in :-s
6. I co-hosted the African Writer’s Evening, an established London based event normally led by poet and novelist Nii Ayikwei Parkes. We discussed the novel ‘Bitter Leaf’ by Chioma Okereke. I had so much fun. Here’s a pic.
7. I ended the week by dancing the night away at my friend’s leopard-themed hen night last night. Here’s a picture of me doing that hair thing women sometimes do when they want to take over the dance floor.
This coming week, I’m aiming to watch a movie, relax, meditate, maybe write some poems, who knows.
Wishing you all a lovely week ahead.
How was your week? Feel free to share links!